Thursday, September 25, 2014

DnD 5e: The Birth of Metal: Swamp Shack (Session 4)

We had a very roleplay heavy session, but still had a very fun time! This game is starting to remind me of Call of Cthulhu a bit in the way that it played out (Role play, investigation focused, ect.). Tali and Alexander were not available for this game. They were off with some others played a Spirit based World of Darkness game. I need to find a way to work myself into one of those sometime, I've been itching to play that game for real since my only experience was a botched 1-session Spirit focused game. I've been revising Ignizko (Karl's character) for a new game at some point, but it won't be for a while.

Fakek (Not sure on the spelling) was a half orc we found in the town of Swamp Shack (yes, that was the name of the town) after fleeing the town of winter's grell (or wintersfell, not sure...I keep forgetting to ask for spellings on the spot) but Grell was the name of the leader so it would fit as a nickname for sure.

This half-orc was played by a heavy-roleplayer (I think his name was Michel), and he did a great job with amazing dialogue and actions throughout. He didn't even look at his sheet very much! It was so stunning to watch! He was the star of the session hands down, even earning inspiration for giving a speech so that the squabbling party would shut up.

We entered the town, I got my longbow and deposited my string for glove making and forgot to pick it up the next day. After shopping, we followed a tip that the mayor was looking for mages. He told us the story about how a door in the local crypt would close on its own on a Sunday (it was currently Wednesday).
I pledged that I would use my magic to investigate the door.
 (I'm probably going to use 4th level to learn Featherfall and Identify or probably replace featherfall with something more useful.)
We later learned that the crypt was built by humans and elves as well as fought over, and that it was a refreshed ruin.

Fakek and Thorin (the dwarf) had an epic 14 shot drinking contest, and I bet against the dwarf to win myself 15 gold. It was a good day for me as I started on a letter to my brother. The courier wouldn't arrive until Friday, so she would wait patiently. Karl doesn't do a good job of separating in character knowledge, as he assumed that I cast a prank spell on him, when it could have easily been the sorcerer. The tensions have risen to the point where he is threatening to kill our characters openly. It honestly making me laugh that he thinks he can fight us two-on-one even if he has Silence (which I could literally walk out of the effect of).

Anyway, on Thursday I investigated some strange tracks reported the local farmers. The beast seemed to move around by jumping on hind legs, and it clearly had 4 claws on its feet. I already have a strong guess as to what it is, but I'll be happy to fight it for sure. Besides that, I prepared the last bits of my letter and prepared for a big day tomorrow.

Edit:
I forgot to mention that the Mayor gave us a Bag of Holding for accepting the quest! That was our first magic item! What wonderment! The half-orc snatched it right away, but I was happy to let him have it. He earned it with his awesome roleplaying later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment